The beautiful Stone Ridge campus is located at 9101 Rockville Pike in Bethesda, MD at the corner of Cedar Lane and Route 355/Wisconsin Ave. The School is 1/4 mile north of the Medical Center Metro Station, and 1/4 mile south of I-270 and 495.
From Northern Virginia and points west via the Capital Beltway Inner Loop (I-495):
Take Exit 34 (Rt. 355/Wisconsin Ave.), Bethesda South. Turn left at the third light onto Cedar Lane. Take first or second right into the School.
From Baltimore and points east via the Capital Beltway Outer Loop (I-495):
Take Exit 33 (Rt. 185), Connecticut Avenue-Kensington North. Turn left at the first light onto Beach Drive. Turn left at the next light onto Cedar Lane, and left again into the School.
From Downtown Washington, DC, Bethesda and points south:
Take Wisconsin Avenue (Rt. 355) North, through Bethesda. Turn right into Stone Ridge immediately after the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
From Rockville and points north:
Take Wisconsin Avenue (Rt. 355) South. About 1.5 miles after passing the Capital Beltway (I-495), turn left onto Cedar Lane. Take first or second right into the School.
DRIVING, PARKING, AND ROAD SAFETY ON CAMPUS
5 things Stone Ridge families and guests need to know about driving, parking, and road safety on campus...
- Main Cedar Lane entrance across from Elmhirst Parkway is the main entrance to campus and is serviced by a traffic signal.
- Secondary Cedar Lane entrance is a right in and right out only.
- Rockville Pike entrance is a left turn only upon entrance to campus.
- You are expected to drive safely and responsibly on campus as well as our neighborhood.
- Faculty, staff, security personnel, and uniformed police officers will direct traffic during drop-off and pick-up. Please follow their instructions.
- During drop-off and pick-up, please obey all stop signs if you are not being waved through.
- The speed limit on campus is 10 MPH. Always drive slowly.
- Cell phone use is strictly prohibited while driving on campus.
- Enter and exit campus with great care, especially when uniformed police are not present to direct traffic.
- Do not take shortcuts through neighborhoods and please be mindful of pedestrians and cyclists on the Cedar Lane and Rockville Pike sidewalks.
- State law states that pedestrians have the right of way.
- Remember that small children are unpredictable and can run suddenly into roadways.
5. When parking on campus, obey all signs and parking regulations.
- Visitors may park in our Upper School lot near the fields during camp hours.
- Gym lot parking should only be used during non-carpool hours to help eliminate traffic.
- Parking in fire lanes (yellow curb lanes) is strictly prohibited.
- Parking or standing in front of the gymnasiums is prohibited; please pull into the circle across from our playground or park in the lots if you are picking up your child from aftercare.